Tuesday, September 11, 2012

When life gets you down, just...

I feel like poking my eyes out with aphorisms. Like life's study flashcards off the interweb. Facebook is clouded with aphorisms, and I'm not fooled by the sarcastic ones either. Scroll down for another one, and another, and another until you realize your beer is gone and you missed your yoga class. You walk away and forget every one. It was bad enough when they were only on magnets and in end-table books. Now just look to an email signature to remember what life's little joys are....

Aphorisms are like puff paint, with equivalent value. These white-fonted-purple-backgrounded one-liners are judging me, and I know you posted that shit as a passive-aggressive dig against your ex to show her how happy you are now. Do you really believe that, or like everything else, are you trying to control people's perceptions of you? I doubt an aphorism ever changed anybody's life (its author was changed by life), and ironically, it's making me depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment